To apply for this program, follow these steps:
Step 1: Review the list of eligible courses from the SES course list;
Step 2: Consult with your academic advisor and/or the SES college guides;
Step 3: Select the one or two classes that you want to take;
Step 4: Complete the SES online application (application closes at 11:59 p.m. on June 15, 2023); and
Step 5: Check your MSU email for confirmation and additional information.
Before you apply, we recommend that you review the PDF application, your major requirements online and on the College Guides, and review the information on the FAQ page.
When applying you will need to know the following information:
- Your MSU NetID (email address before the @ symbol) and student number (PID);
- Information about any advanced credits (e.g., dual-enrollment, CLEP, IB, or AP) credit you are bringing to MSU, and for transfer students, you should know if you completed the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA); and
- The course code, number, and section of the class(es) you are applying for (e.g., WRA 101, section 203).
We recognize that students may not know their AP test scores at the time of application, and we will work with you to address that situation. If you have transfer credit, please make sure you have submitted your transcripts to MSU. Do not wait until you meet with you advisor to submit this transfer information. You can also reference the SES 2023 College Guides for recommended courses.
If you want to view the application before starting an application, please view a PDF version; do not login to the online application until you are ready to apply. Please do not apply more than once, as you will delay the process. If you need to make a change, please email the SES team.
Once we receive your application, we will review your information and do our best to ensure that the selected class(es) are appropriate.
- If they are, then we will enroll you in the course(s) and notify you via your MSU email.
- If the classes you selected become full or seem inappropriate for your academic plan, we will contact you via your MSU email and/or application phone number. Please start checking your MSU email regularly.
Once you have been accepted, please view the Accepted Students Information page for your next steps.
You can see your enrollment(s) in the MSU Student Portal: student.msu.edu. If you have made an error or would like to change your selections, please email us at email@example.com. If you want to withdraw, you can drop yourself from the class or email the SES team.