As we embark on what will be another great semester at Michigan State University, I am excited to bring the advising community together on Tuesday, Feb. 28 from 9 – 10 a.m. for an Advising Community Conversation.
During this Community Conversation, I will address the growth of the new University Advising Unit in conjunction with the ongoing work on the University Advising Initiative. The primary topics throughout this meeting will be:
- How the new University Advising Unit is developing and our vision for serving students who seek academic exploration opportunities within one of our 14 undergraduate colleges
- Maintaining high levels of persistence and retention in collaboration with advisors across colleges will be essential to how the unit collaborates
- Information on the growth of our new University Advising Unit
- Six new advisors have joined the team, and over the course of the start of the spring semester they will be onboarding and shadowing to prepare for their new roles
- Updates on the University Advising Initiative and how this work will create an academic advising experience that appropriately supports and empowers every student we admit until they graduate
- For more information on the Initiative, including FAQs, visit advising.msu.edu
- Answering any questions related to the Advising Unit and Advising Initiative from the community
I invite you to participate in this conversation either in-person or online. Please RSVP by Feb. 6 via this link. Room location and online participation link will be sent to attendees closer to the event date.
If you are unable to attend the event, you are welcome to submit any questions you may have via the RSVP form.
If you have any questions about the new University Advising Unit or the University Advising Initiative, please do not hesitate to contact me.